Highlands Fling - Sydney Netride, South. Sunday 5th July 1998
A Netride through the Southern highlands South of Sydney.
See the most excellent
The original invite is below.
8:45am for 9am departure Sunday 5th July. Meet at the playing fields
just before entrance to Royal National Park at Sutherland.
meet with a full tank. Plenty of premium early in day but gets scarce in
It gets noticably colder as you go up the mountain at maquarie pass. If
it looks damp at the bottom it probably will be at the top.
The Ride: (yeah.. the fun bit)
Now out with the Kilt and bagpipes. Time to drink a few scotch whiskies
and warm up in front of the fire. Just how do you wear a kilt on a
motorbike anyway. Maybe Tiger Angel makes a nice Tartan set of leathers.
- Ride through the royal national park
- regrouping at stanwell tops.
- Up bulli Pass and towards the gong for a couple of K's
- Pull off at the picton road and follow signs to Mt Keira.
- Don't forget the twisy side road.
- Down the mountain into the gong.
- Along fway, taking 2nd dapto turnoff,
- then backroads to outskirts of albion park
- Up Maqcuarie Pass. Liked it so much... do it again.
- Through robertson, and take turnoff to Burrawang. Pub for Lunch
To get back to sydney theres a few ways. Can go back the way we came, Or
keep heading west.
Everyone's Welcome. Just turn up on the day. Email me if you're not sure
about the meeting place or if you have any other questions.
- Heading west, skirt around bowral. Don't want all those grannies
slobbering on my BM.
- Up the Old hume through yerrinbool and Bargo to Picton,
- Across to Wilton (coffee at Jims place ??)
- Then Appin and back acros to bulli, then north to Sydney
There's plenty of opportunity to take short cuts home if it sounds too
long. We can modify the return journey after some liquid refreshments.
Jim.. Maybe you can meet as at Stanwell tops. We should be passing
through there about 10am.
R1100RT (Woohoo. It's nu)